- Epitope mapping and characterization
- Functional characterization of mapped epitopes (e.g. substitutional or truncation analyses)
- Analysis of kinase substrates
- Metal binding analysis
- Characterization of protein-protein contact sites, such as: Receptor-ligand, Enzyme-substrate, Protein modules involved in signal
- transduction processes, Recognition sequences for heat shock proteins
- Peptide Nucleic Acid arrays (PNA)
The SPOT method is a powerful technique for analysis of protein-protein interaction and its application is well documented in the literature. Handling of the peptide arrays is easy and compatible with equipment available in most molecular biology laboratories.