CelluSpots™ - Custom Peptide Arrays
From Membranes to Mini- and Micro-Arrays
The SPOT synthesis technology is well known as a rapid and robust method to generate peptide libraries on membrane supports – particularly on cellulose sheets. INTAVIS has many years of experience in the development of peptide synthesis instruments for both, fully automated SPOT synthesis and parallel synthesis of peptides in a microtiter plate format.
Even though peptide libraries on SPOT membranes are popular in a wide range of screening methods there are three major drawbacks:
- The re-usability of SPOT membranes is limited. For some assays they can be used only once.
- The production of duplicate peptide SPOT arrays with identical quality is time-consuming and expensive as each membrane must be synthesized individually.
- Membranes are large compared to micro arrays on glass slides and require large sample volumes.
Advantages of CelluSpots™ Arrays
- numerous identical copies of the same quality can be prepared
- smaller sample volumes are needed
- high peptide density allows detection of low affinity interactions
- chemical properties are comparable to those of the original SPOT membranes
- detection by chemiluminescence, autoradiography or enzymatic color development
- compatible with standard equipment for micro-arrays, e.g. hybridization chambers and scanners
- low non-specific protein binding of cellulose